Remember my January resolution to be more positive? Well, in an effort to bring some of that back today, here you go. The Top Ten Things I Love About My Job. In no particular order other than the way they happened to pop into my brain over lunch.
- The park across the street
- Lunches in the park across the street
- Lunchtime shopping within walking distance
- Lack of women = lack of daily needless drama
- The ability to go to the bathroom whenever, without alerting the media (If you’ve ever taught school or supervised little kids, you know this one’s priceless.)
- The constant buzz of energy when all the sales guys are on the phone cranking out deals
- Uninterrupted time to work in my cube – and actually pace myself to get my own stuff done
- Ever-present coffee
- And my fave – don’t ask me why, but it is – the office-y smell coming off of the elevator. It’s a mix of paint, coffee, cleaning supplies, printing toner, paper, and who knows what else. It makes me feel productive and I love it.
What are your work-related Top Ten?? I’d love to hear!